Thread: Best choice for hood piercing?

sapphire Guest

Default Best choice for hood piercing?

I recently had a vertical hood piercing with a curved barbell. I originally wanted it done horizontally but my piercer advised that a vertical was more pleasurable. Although I like the look of it, I have noticed absolutely no additional pleasure nor can I even "feel" it. I'm thinking of getting something new. I like the look of larger gauge, captive rings done horizontally. It seems like I would then be able to "sense" having it. Any advice would be appreciated.[:I]

WARNING: THESE LINKS ARE NOT SAFE FOR WORK!

Check out the bmezine link on the vertical hood and horizontal hood.

If it's pleasure you want, you need to match the hardware to your anatomy so the bead or ball rests on your clitoris. So, the horizontal would work as long as the ring diameter is the right size so the bead will do its job.

John Coffman
    Steel Navel Body Jewelry Co-Owner

FeistyOne Guest

hey cool! now this is a thread I can really sink my teeth into! John is absolutely right, if the jewelry isn't fitting properly it won't work for you especially if its too long. I wear a 3/8" curved barbell with a 5mm top ball and an 8mm bottom ball. That is for me because I know how much I can play with it and how much pressure it takes to stimulate. When I'm with a partner I'll go down to a 6mm bottom ball because the partner will have a tendency to over stimulate it and well, that can sometimes be just as bad as no stimulation. I've also found that a 14 gauge provides more stimulation (higher psi) than when I was in the larger gauges. I, at one time, had the hood stretched down to a 4gauge, but since the only pretty things to wear in it are 10-14 gauge (without costing an arm and a leg), I let it shrink back up. The good news from all of it however is that I can take my jewelry out for long periods of time and it won't heal back up. You can wear ANY of the jewelry you see made for navels as long as its comfortable. Which, there is some really pretty stuff out there! Some women however don't get as much stimulation from hood piercings and it might be that way for you. In which case, just remember there IS an aesthetic value to the piercing and it sure does (imho)make the female genitalia MUCH prettier! If I missed anything or you have more questions, let me know!

i have a HCH and it works fine for me. i did have to change it from the piercing hardware and upped the gauge and ball size but now i get plenty of stimulation from it, sometimes by accident

i am thinking about a triangle... i know that you have or have had one feistyone, any suggestions?

FeistyOne Guest

I LOVE my triangle! I changed out the jewelry to a curved barbell (from a horseshoe) and have it fairly snug and that made a big difference because its now tucked back up in instead of twisting up with my VCH. I love it so much that often I go without the VCH and just wear the triangle. Its VERY anatomy specific and most women are NOT built for it. You have to have a pretty decently large mound of hood material that can be pulled up and away from the body so they can clamp under the nerve bundle as well as there can't be any large veins in the way. MOST of these piercings are done incorrectly. Approximately 95% or more of the triangles I've seen pictures of on BMEZINE are done WRONG! Go read what Elayne Angel has to say about them on her Rings of Desire website. She's done more of them than anyone AND performed the triangle done on the woman who invented it. I actually Flew out the Philadelphia from Pittsburgh for the day JUST to have someone she recommended, do my triangle. 6 months later, and it has changed my sensation but I think also increased it as well.

i am pretty sure that i have the correct anatomy for it but am a bit concerned about getting it wrong. are there pics on the site of what it should look like? (no comp at home so have to use a friends when i get a chance.) i was thinking the curved BB would be best for me as i already have the HCH...