Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Megan Fox is "over" her tattoo

Default Megan Fox is "over" her tattoo

I don't think I need to belabor the lesson:

“You outgrow things that you love when you were a child. I got it when I was 18 and now I’m 25 and it just doesn’t make sense anymore.”
    http://stylenews.peoplestylewatch.co...ttoos-removal/
    Cloud "Lite"

I have a tattoo from when I was 18 as well, and as some of the comments mentioned on her story, my tattoos will always remind me of where I was when I got them, and I value all aspects of the experiences of my life.. Including tattoos. Don't think I'll ever regret them.

Though saying that, they are permanent and really, You need to think a lot before you get them!
    Make love not War!!

I got my first tattoo when I was 18 (15 years ago). I just had it touched up a few months ago. Still holds meaning for me, and it was just a piece of flash. I've had two that I had covered up... One that wasn't well executed and another that just held no meaning anymore, but I've always put a lot of thought into my tattoos before I got them. It's almost sad, to me, that someone would feel "over" a piece of their own history.

I was a late bloomer; I got my first tattoo when I was 23. It was a modified flash piece. I still love it (have had it recolored since then since I've had it so long, but it's still the exact original design).

My second piece I got when I was 34. I promptly ended up with a staph infection and three years later, had it re-inked at a different place (and added some additional coordinating art to the piece). LOVE IT (the re-inking was done in the same colors and followed the original lines).

My third and fourth tattoos I got when I was 39 (about 1.5 years ago). Had to have one of the pieces re-inked because the ink didn't "take" very well on the first try (the re-inking was done about two months afterward).

Do not regret any of them. They all have personal meaning for me (even that very first piece!).
    Don't think, just skate!

I was even later! 30 for first, 40 for second and third. Probably going to do the other sleeve at 50 - need to experiment in the meantime with scalpeling!
    Last edited by fishmommy; 11-20-2011 at 04:06 PM.

Speaking of tattoo removal...

A group that does really awesome inclusive programming and housing for homeless youth in Portland came to talk to one of our classes last week. They mentioned that one of the services they provide is removal of gang tattoos, and that they also do tattoo removal for anyone and make a bunch of money that way! How freaking awesome is that?!

I definitely put a lot of thought into tattoos. And I would only tattoo something that really means something to me, so I wouldn't end up regretting it later.
    But maybe something means a lot to me now, but then in ten years, won't mean anything? I hope that doesn't happen...

While I always put a lot of thought into my ink, I have several that have no deeper meaning than that I thought they would look nice, and I wanted something in the spot I put them. I even have some whose meanings have changed over time.

I have one more tattoo that I plan to cover up, and one more that needs to be touched up and modified a little. Other than that, I'm as happy with all of my tattoos now as I was when I first got them.

Default Tattoo is something you think hard before getting it done

One has to think hard before getting a tattoo as it can be a long lasting experience, something to cherish or painful to remember.
    Last edited by bodyartbloke; 04-15-2012 at 09:31 PM.