Thread: Standard ear piercing size

Default Standard ear piercing size

My 7 year old daughter had her ears done Sept second, for the life of me I can't remember what the gauge of a standard earring is weather its 18 or 20. I want to buy her small surgical steel hoops while they are still healing and to make cleaning them more comfortable and this site sells them I just want to make sure I buy the right size. Thank you for reading and for any help!!

It's either 18 or 20. To be safe, and for her age, buy 20. Also, titanium is a better choice than steel, because "surgical" steel doesn't mean much, and may cause sensitivity to nickel down the line.
    Cloud "Lite"

For some reason, I can't seem to find any hoops in titanium in 20g, only nostril jewelry, which would be a possibility, isn't ideal for healing lobes.

The initial jewelery I was pierced with when I was little was definitely 18g though, and there isn't too much of a difference between 18 and 20g. In order to make sure the quality of the jewelery is good, I would try these: http://www.steelnavel.com/product.as...MID=280&MID2=1 in 18g.

I prefer this myself. Less chance of it moving around if you get the proper length (you want a snug fit, but not TOO tight ... standard size is usually 1/4", although I have skinny ears and prefer 3/16" ... YMMV). http://www.steelnavel.com/product.as...MID=350&MID2=1. Plus the ends can be swapped out easily for other Neometal ends once it's healed.
    If you only talk and donít listen, you only learn what you already know.

Quote Originally Posted by La Nubita View Post
    It's either 18 or 20. To be safe, and for her age, buy 20. Also, titanium is a better choice than steel, because "surgical" steel doesn't mean much, and may cause sensitivity to nickel down the line.
    That's what I was about to say, as far as I know it's accurate.