Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hard Decision To Make

Sorry to hear that Hopefully one of the more experienced in the forum can give you additional insight, I do wish you the best and hope you can keep it.

I think you were really smart to boil the water first, tap water is safe to drink but can potentially have stuff in it that isn't good for an open wound.

I also agree that from the pictures, it looks like it's not hanging in there by much. At the very least, the barbell is way too long for the piercing. That was one of the reasons I retired my nipple piercings, they were getting closer to the surface and I was terrified they'd come out.

You can get Emu oil here, and that's supposed to be really good at preventing scarring and helps skin heal a ton. I use it whenever I stretch or put in organic jewelry. Otherwise, it's good to do sea salt soaks after you retire a piercing to help everything heal well, but cleaning it daily in the shower is better than nothing.

looked at the pic. yep, definitely rejecting
    Cloud "Lite"

Thanks guys. I guess it's time to say goodbye. Honestly, I'm really sad to have to abandon it. It was my first, and I guess I've become attached.

a spring sacrifice to the PowersThatBe of your choice.
    Cloud "Lite"

Bringing this one back just to say that I'm getting my navel pierced again when volleyball is done! Going to a different shop and going in with much more knowledge than last time. No worrying about volleyball season next year because I'll be off to college next fall(and NOT playing volleyball). I'm pretty excited to have another go at it, and even more so that mom asked me when I was getting it redone(I hadn't mentioned it at all since about a month after retiring it).

That's exciting that you're getting it done again. It's always good to be well informed about the process so you can choose the best piercer.

I can't believe volleyball is almost done! Our daughter is also a senior and this will be her last year of school and club volleyball. Her team is awesome this year. They haven't lost a match yet.
    John Coffman
    Steel Navel Body Jewelry Co-Owner

Awesome! Good luck with the next go around!

So happy for you that you'll get to repierce! You may want to wait a little longer though, my piercer told me to allow at least 9 months after retiring to get the best healing before repiercing. And having had one navel that rejected, you definitely made the right choice to retire before full blown migration. I was young and uninformed and didn't and I have the oh so lovely scars to prove it. Also very glad that you are waiting to be done with the sports stuff, very smart choice!

I have some pretty gross scars from mine, actually. Two big dots where the holes were and they're so close together I can't believe it didn't just fall out. Hoping that the new one will mask them slightly, or at least take some attention away from them.

As for the end of volleyball nearing, we've had a great season as well. We will be in the District playoffs, and we've only lost one game(one that was not counted in our league record). We took a win over a team that hasn't lost in league play in over three years, and it wasn't a struggle to beat them. We're hoping to defeat them for the NTL this year(which we haven't had since 2006). I'm glad your daughter is having a good final season as well.