Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Navel Ring - suggestions?

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavel View Post
    Visit the Anatometal and Industrial Strength web sites that Jen linked and their Facebook albums. You will see lots of examples of what they can both do. Once you have a few ideas, we can point you to the product pages in our store or get quotes for you. You have lots of time to decide.
    Thanks! What are your experiences with custom requests from them? Such as, engraving / styling on the ring itself, gem requests, etc.? I'll definitely be buying from you guys, like you said I have plenty of time and I don't want to rush anything. I want to stick with 14G as I don't want to stretch.

I know for a fact they do gem requests - it says so right on the page that if you want real gemstones, they are available on request.
    Dunno about engraving, etc.

I would think engraving wouldn't be too suitable for body jewelry -- grooves in which bacteria can collect, and which may have sharpish edges
    Cloud "Lite"

Yeah, you could maybe engrave on a captive bead or the side of a gem setting, depending on how that's shaped, but Anatometal prides themselves on the super smooth finish that is really good for piercings, and engraving on the wearable part might not be the best idea.

Out of curiosity, once a navel piercing has healed, how often can you change the jewelry without irritating it?

if a navel piercing is well healed and toughened (like, after a couple of years, and happy with no irritation) . . . as often as it lets you. You could probably change it every day if you were gentle and used lube, but your body will let you know. Body jewelry is really not the same, or meant to be changed as often as conventional jewelry.
    Cloud "Lite"

Indeed - I have had my navel done twice and the second time had to have temp jewlery at first (I have an unusual navel that demands top down or J-curve designs) but when my J-curve barbell came in the next week I returned to the piercer and he put it in for me. I have had that piece for 2 1/2 years and just now changed it without an issue. Navels can take a LOOOOOOOONG time to heal and even then are better left alone as often as possible. I HIGHLY recommend finding a piece you absolutely love and want to wear everyday, changing it to that at say the year mark (mayyyyybe the 9month if its looking really good) and then leaving it alone.

My first piercing I had for a year before it rejected (it was a shallow piercing not suited to my funny navel anatomy) - I thought it was healed and changed jewlery too early. So I definitely err on the side of cautious!