Thread: New hole.

Default New hole.

Got a new hole in my head today. The first of 3 virtical helix on the left side. I'm curious if it will slide down some as it starts to heal ( im thinking initial minor swelling might be holding it high). I didn't thing to ask my piercer, and I'm not really concerned much, just curious as hell lol. I figure if it don't slide down I can put a shorter bar in after expected swelling goes down and it's healed up.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Day two minor swelling went down and let the bar drop to normal position. Barley sore, more of a surprise when I bump it rather than pain. If this stays par for course I'll get the other two vertical helix ( one on either side of this one ) at the same time. But I'll wait until my piercer says another cartilage piercing in that area won't effect the healing of this one. So far I'm extremely happy.

Day seven the ear took a lot of abuse. Got bumped a lot and fairly dirty, had to clean it about 5 times today. But it seams to be healing fine. Although it's more soar than usual from the abnormal abuse today lol.

Got the piercing back under control. Longer and extra soaks with a stronger sea salt solution, along with ibuprofen for swelling. I got pretty quick results. This is day nine. For those who may be interested. Just figure the thread might serve as a visual what to expect for someone considering a cartilage piercing like this.

For what it's worth, I think the jewelry is way too long and it MAY be a hindrance to the healing process. If I recall correctly, I got 1/4" length jewelry when I initially got that area of my ears pierced and then once they healed, went down to 3/16". Hope this helps.
    Don't think, just skate!

Quote Originally Posted by Sela View Post
    For what it's worth, I think the jewelry is way too long and it MAY be a hindrance to the healing process. If I recall correctly, I got 1/4" length jewelry when I initially got that area of my ears pierced and then once they healed, went down to 3/16". Hope this helps.
    Thanks for the input. This actually is 16g 1/4 Inch it just looks longer. Here is a two week pic. The bar easy to move up and down at this point. Just to clarify I don't mess with it I only move it up or down while cleaning it. No issues have poped up with the exception of the day it took a beating at work, and that was a minor issue easily resolved.