Thread: Advice needed !! Crooked navel piercing

Question Crooked navel piercing. Help?!

I've just recently had my navel repierced. I had it done a couple years ago but it was very crooked, I tried to ignore it but evidently it bugged me enough to finally take it out this year and have it redone at the same shop. Different piercer. When I left the shop it looked fine but as I got home it seemed crooked again, where as the first one leant right, this one looked like it was leaning left but it was fresh and swollen so I decided to wait it out. Now a week later and the swelling has gone down it still looks crooked to me. I don't want to go back to the piercer since they've duffed it twice now and I don't have the receipt.

Am I just being over paranoid because of my experience with the first one, the scar is still visible where it used to be and throwing off my perspective maybe? Or if it is crooked what can I do about it? Would it be any use getting it repierced a 3rd time or even a good idea considering there are now 2 relatively close scar tissue wounds there?
    Last edited by ArielRose; 06-20-2017 at 03:53 PM.

Hey I had the same issue as you too. The first time I got mine done it was really shallow and crooked. So I took mine out too, but the piercing was only 5 days old at the time, and tomorrow I'm getting it repierced. Hopefully it will be straighter and just slightly deeper.

Anyway were you pierced with a curved barbell or a ring?

Some advice:
    •It could just be the piercing migrating/moving to a more comfortable spot on your body.
    •you can try to move/tape it to keep it straight or correct for the slant
    •I think I read that many navel piercings are either pier ed crooked or become crooked over time, but if it really bothers you check out another reputable shop in your area for a second opinion.

Hope this helps

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

I was pierced with a banana barbell, same one as in the picture. I was going to try taping it but I've read a lot of comments on it that says that's a horrible idea and doesn't work. This time it isn't as crooked as the first time I had it pierced but crooked is crooked and while I put up with the first one for 2 years, it always bothered me and I didn't get it repierced t have the same problem. I'm going to go to another shop tomorrow to have them look at it and see what they say if I can have it redone or to just live with it.

Thank you

Good luck!!!
    Mine was about that crooked too, and I would probably be okay with it. But since it was also really shallow I decided to repierce it after 3 days. Right now it completely closed up and the area is only slightly darker than my regular skin tone, (which should clear up and fade within a month). So taking if early can really help in not really having a visible scar if you decide to repierce it.
    Hope things went well with the other shop.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk