Thread: Simple question.

Default Simple question.

I just started stretching my lobes. In comparison to a norma lobe piercing how much pain/discomfort should I feel moving from 14g to 12g this is the first stretch for me.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

The current best practice is to wear single flared glass plugs until the piercing naturally stretches to the next size. For smaller gauge piercings you can try steel tapers to stretch, but you must take it easy so you don't damage the piercing. You really shouldn't feel much pain when stretching or you may be damaging your piercing. Once you can fit the next gauge, you should wait three months before stretching again.
    John Coffman
    Steel Navel Body Jewelry Co-Owner

Quote Originally Posted by steelnavel View Post
    The current best practice is to wear single flared glass plugs until the piercing naturally stretches to the next size. For smaller gauge piercings you can try steel tapers to stretch, but you must take it easy so you don't damage the piercing. You really shouldn't feel much pain when stretching or you may be damaging your piercing. Once you can fit the next gauge, you should wait three months before stretching again.
    Ok I was under the impression that you should feel no pain at all period. I did fell slight pain ( scale of 1-10, 10 feeling like a new piercing id say a 2 on the scale )going from 14g to 12g on my left ear but none at all on my right ear so I figured I'd pose the question. Thanks

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk