Thread: Hate orings

Default Hate orings

I'm learning to hate rubber orings. I'm in the slow process of going through the gauges, started at standard starter post of 18g for initial piercing after 15 years of no piercings. At this point I'm at 10g which wasn't scheduled to happen for another 10 days. Went ahead and jumped to 10g because I noticed i lost another oring this morning when the 12g tunnel fell out of my lobe. Figured I'd try a 10g taper and test the ease and it went through effortless, in fact the taper fell out while I was getting the 10g tunnel cleaned to put in. In total I lost 4 orings for my 12g tunnel In the 18 days I wore them and fought for about 15 minutes to get the orings on the new 10g tunnels lol. I don't think it's worth looking for threaded tunnels ( if they even make them that small )for these low gauges for me is worth it since there only temporary. But I will say when I find the gauge I think looks good for me I won't be screwing with orings anymore. What a horrible way to secure jewelry lol. Thanks for letting me rant for a moment.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I think you speak for us all! O-rings are nuisance! Once you get to your goal size, you can get new jewelry with double flares. Also, you probably already know this but we have free packs of four o-rings on our free page.
    John Coffman
    Steel Navel Body Jewelry Co-Owner

@steelnavel thanks for the free oring info, I have noticed that mentioned in a few post I've read in the past. The stretching kit (if you will) was a gift from my son and came with 2 steel tapers each with 2 orings, 2 eyelets with orings and 4 acrylic plugs each with 4 orings for every gauge from 14g to 00g. So in total there 10 orings for each gauge. I should be ok on orings but I do thank you for the offer. I would hope no one ever looses another oring but at the same time it's good to know I'm not alone in the great orings struggle lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Thanks for making me smile today! It is a great struggle!
    John Coffman
    Steel Navel Body Jewelry Co-Owner