Thread: Help with possible infected lip piercing

Default Help with possible infected lip piercing

Hi I have had my snake bite piercings for over a year since last september and my right piercing is doing great but my left one has always been the one that hurt more and took longer to heal. Recently I noticed my left piercing has developed a bump on the inside of my mouth and was right under the flat part of my bar. I currently have a horseshoe hoop in the left one and it is a bit more comfortable. I just purchased an antiseptic mouth rinse from cvs that has no alcohol in it and I am soaking a cotton ball in the rinse and lightly applying it to the outside of the piercing, then I swish the rinse inside my mouth for a couple minutes and spit it out then I rinse everything by pouring water on the outside then rinsing my mouth with water as well. I sometimes will also dip a Q-tip in the rinse and lightly dab it on the outside and inside part of the piercing. Please let me know if I should be doing anything else or anything different thank you so much.
    A link to the pictures---> https://imgur.com/a/Wavgz

Sounds like you're doing pretty good, the antiseptic should be fine on it's own. Well that and obviously try to avoid eating or drinking anything that would irritate the piercing.

So is it an infection or scar tissue ?

Most likely just an infection, I've had the same problem with one of my piercings. I used a sea salt solutio, some neosporin, and my shit cleared up pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by SSWR View Post
    Most likely just an infection, I've had the same problem with one of my piercings. I used a sea salt solutio, some neosporin, and my shit cleared up pretty good.
    So should i not be using antiseptic mouthwash, also am i correct in wearing rings/hoops instead of a stud to avoid any pressure against it ?