Thread: New piercing. (Diy project)

Default New piercing. (Diy project)

Ok so I'm kinda new to this forum. But not to piercings lol I have 29 in total so far. I've done all but 6 of my holes myself. An 2 of those are my 1st set on My lobes. They are stretched to a 2rn.

Anyways I've been thinking about doing another one. I'm jus not sure which one. An I know everyone says "don't diy it. Go pro" well I a. Don't have any money to spend like that. An b. I wanna get my license for piercings. I don't mind practicing on myself. An I Do extensive research on the risks before I decide. Like I'm going to get my 2 or 3 conch piercings done professionally. Jus too Manu risks for me.

But I wanna do either my tragus anti tragus or septum. Jus want a couple opinions or some experience stories from either parlor visits or other diy experiences. Anything helps.

Again I know everyone advises against diy piercings but I'm well informed. An I'm willing to take the chance. I have 29 piercings an I've done most of them myself. Yeah some are a tiny bit crooked but unless you look hard or are trained you won't notice.
    ~<{NeveržAlone}>~

Well I went to a shop for my septum piercing. But if you're going to diy a septum. My word of advice is know where your Sweet spot is. Just feel around your nose either index or pinky finger for that soft flexible space BETWEEN the cartilage. I think if you feel a pop (like a cartilage piercing), then you hit the wrong spot. So that's why I suggest if you do septum, know where your sweep spot is.
    Also read up on blood vessels and saddle nose.
    Good luck

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Trust me I do extensive research before I do anything. I don't wanna go through the pain jus to lose it ya know? I do everything I can to make sure I do it right an do it safely. That's one reason I'm here asking advice. I jus pierced one of my bffs septum for her. I know I'll wait til Its warm again though. Runny nose doesn't sound fun with a new piercing. An neither does cold metal lol I already risk frostbite with my ears lol
    ~<{NeveržAlone}>~

Oh haha I live pretty tropical so I didn't consider that haha. But yeah I have pics too where mine was placed. I trust you to do your research on this. But also here's a couple tips.
    -once you pierce it I recomend putting in a septum retainer (first image has a pic of mine) this way the channel heals straight and flat, as opposed to a curved barbell or horseshoe or CBR. *I say this because my friend was pierced with a curved barbell and she can't wear the straight clickers, because it hurts the sides. I was pierced with a retainer which was flat but I'm okay to wear the straight or curved septum jewelry. 2nd pic is a curved ring. Doesn't hurt at all.
    Umm I have more info on my piercing blog ailovepiercing.tumblr.com I'm pretty sure. But I have a lot more info on my septum experience there starts around Sept 6. But I can try and help if you have any specific questions
    -Ai

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Thanks I really appreciate it although I'll prolly jus wear a cbr forever. I don't like most of the jewelry for this particular piercing. I like my hoops loo
    ~<{NeveržAlone}>~